Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"EL MAHICO"

Meet the newest member of the Familia...I call him "El MAHICO"(Man on the Rise)! Going back to my childhood days on the "C" Block, bikes were not affordable and the only way to get one was to snatchem. Heartless to say as kids growing up we'd take bikes from next door neighbors doorsteps, 711's, boys club centers, schools or simply ride up on you. If you road your shiny new bike that your parents bought you for your birthday or Christmas...chances are we snatched it as well, even if you were homies. What could I say we were young and didn't know better living in such a damaging era. Most Lowrider bikes are one of a kind and built with keen detail expressing the owners artistic creativity. First time I ever seen a homemade Lowrider bike was when the O.G.s took a regular BMX and welded the front forks to bend them so that the bike would ride low, it was gangsta and I knew I had to have one. Lowrider bikes are definitely classics...look back and see how I rebuild this one.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
They hug the ground where its built and exquisite in all areas of its form reminding me of where I came from....

No comments: